Saturday, April 02, 2005

whew!

What a pleasure to switch back to the "good" yarn after practicing my increases/decreases using crappy acrylic yarn. Oh, the joy of having mercerized cotton slip-slide across my Denise Interchangeables...

The knitting is also going much faster now that I've abandoned my efforts to retrain myself to depend less on my currently-injured left index finger. I've just slapped a bandaid on the paper cut to help me suck it up and ignore the twinges of pain so I can knit faster, but at the cost of feeling the individual stitches beneath my finger.

The great thing about knitting in the round is not having to worry about switching back and forth between knit and purl. I like knit, I like purl, I just don't like having to alternate between the two. And since knitting in the round eliminates the need to purl, progress is considerably more rapid. I should be fine as long as I remember to place the markers as necessary. Perhaps I should invest in those tiny padlock-like stitch markers, in case I forget...

No comments: