Wednesday, April 06, 2005

this is what happens on no sleep...

I got quite a bit done last night, at least until I was sidetracked by (a) a phone call from a certain someone, and (b) an unexpectedly long AIM conversation with Jaan. For the record, I should not be allowed to operate vehicles, heavy machinery, or AIM after midnight. Because all kinds of wackiness can ensue. At the stroke of midnight, someone should tie me to my bed and... Okay, we'll stop there because that just sounds way too kinky and way too intriguing. Back to the cami progress report.

So last night, I took a deep breath and plunged into what I’d imagined would be a tricky part of the cami – the V-neck/V-back shaping and beginning of the armhole shaping. To my surprise, the shaping was not at all difficult – I just did the decreases at the beginning and end of each RS (right side) row as I had done for the row immediately before dividing the work (k1, KRPR, k past side marker to 3 sts before V-back marker, SSK, k1). The only “tough” decision that had to be made was when to start the armhole shaping (which requires binding off the middle 6 sts). The dilemma arose because the pattern called for 1.5” of V-neck/V-back shaping before doing the armhole shaping, which fell right around the 9th row… Not too bad, right? But the 10th row was a RS row when I needed to end on a WS row so I could do the armhole shaping BO on the RS row. So I had to decide whether to stay a little short or go ahead and overshoot the 1.5” called for. And of course, always one to favor low-cut necklines, I went ahead and did the extra row. I hope I won’t regret that.

So status report: the right front segment is on a second stitch holder, and the right back segment is awaiting the next set of shaping. I hope to finish with the right front and right back segments by tonight. For now, it’s back to the pattern to try to figure out the “reverse shapings as necessary” part.

No comments: