Saturday, April 09, 2005

delinquence + ADD...

Okay, so the Honeymoon Cami - not quite done yet. I haven't made any progress since finishing the right side; the left side remains on the needles, waiting to be picked up again. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to get to it until tomorrow at the earliest. How exciting.

Now, my girls (and some guys) know that I have a history of ADD when it comes to men - I have a short attention span, and I get bored easily. This hasn't been the case for the past oh, year or so, but I'm waiting for another recurrence of my particular condition.

Anyway, evidently I have a bit of the same problem when it comes to knitting as well. I have already decided on two finalists for my next knitting project:

- Second runner-up is another Julia-designed tank top called Asana, and can be found in the latest (Spring '05) edition of Knitty: http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTasana.html (level: tangy)

- First runner-up is cowl-sleeve mini-sweater called Cleaves, also in the Spring '05 Knitty: http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTcleaves.html (level: mellow)

The final project will be selected from among these two patterns. Clearly I am leaning toward Cleaves, though I am tempted by the Julia design. I have a fondness for Julia Trice, as I will forever remember her as the lady that taught me (indirectly) the art of the increase and decrease. I figure after the "piquant" Honeymoon Cami, I could handle the "tangy" Asana and the "mellow" Cleaves should (theoretically) be a breeze.

What I need to do is to find out where exactly Julia's LYS is; her little mini-bio at the end of her Knitty pattern indicates she lives in the DC area, and evidently she teaches a knitting class at her LYS. I'm going to go with Stitch DC - not sure which branch, but I can find out...

No comments: