Monday, April 04, 2005

TODAY :: knitting completed: too little; money spent: too much

I took a shopping break today. Knitting can do a lot to solve life's problems (or at least help with the forgetting), but some things require something a little more intensive - therapy of the retail kind. Yes, I could spend my money lying on someone's couch, whining about all my problems, but I personally would rather spend a fraction of that money wandering the local shopping mall and end the day with an armful of stuff to show for my efforts. But that's just me.

I knew I was in trouble the instant I walked into the department store and spied the matching thongs to go along with a bra I bought a few weeks ago. And when I walked into Sephora and started spritzing men's cologne onto the tester strips, only to capture the stubborn interest of one of the salespeople... I ended up walking away having purchased a new blush (how appropriate that I would wear an item of makeup named "Orgasm" - though there have been precious few of those in my life lately - at least I can have a cosmetic-induced flush :oP), along with a handful of men's cologne samples. Great, another reminder that I don't have a man in my life. One of my great weaknesses, that - I just love it when men smell good. An especially delicious man-scent has the ability to make me go just a little bit weak in the knees. I've been known to go up to strange men and bury my face in their necks just to smell their cologne. Then again, I've been known to do a lot of rather unconventional things... Back to shopping. I also managed to identify what I think will be my new signature scent for spring/summer - Trish McEvoy #3 Snowdrop & Crystal Flowers - and obtain a sample vial of the fragrance. I like to test out a new fragrance for a few days to see if I really do like it or if it's just a passing fancy. And then a bunch of assorted shirts and other items of clothing. They were on sale, though, so they don't count. Until I get my credit card bill... :oP

Simple shopping expeditions seem to turn into odd adventures in Jieun-Land... (Then again, simple anything can turn into another story to add to my repertoire.) For example, the high school boy who asked me out at American Eagle Outfitters - so adorable I wanted to pat his head and pinch his cheeks (not that head and not those cheeks, mind out of gutter!); either I really don't look my age, or he's into the whole Mrs. Robinson thing. Or the baseball team (yep, an entire baseball team) that whistled and commented on various parts of my anatomy as I walked past them in the food court. I'm convinced it's all due to ass jeans version 2.0. I thought ass jeans version 1.0 were incredible until I got the new pair. They have this miraculous ability to disguise my flat butt and replace it with a darned good imitation of an attractive ass. Fantastic. Now I just need some item of clothing that'll boost my B-cups into eye-opening, jaw-dropping boob-age :oP

What I didn't get to do today was pick up those stitch holders, which are kind of necessary for the next stage of the Honeymoon Cami. Ahh, but I'm forgetting that I am the proud owner of a set of Denise Interchangeable Needles - which means I can create a makeshift stitch holder from the various components of the set. I knew that $50 investment would pay off!

No comments: