Sunday, April 17, 2005

back to work...

Okay, so I finally made myself pick up my knitting again. I think I was scared to start shaping the left side - the "reverse shapings" part, again. BUT I think I'm getting it. I hope so, anyway. There doesn't seem to be any reversal of shaping required, which is kind of throwing me, making me doubt myself. So. Here's what I've done so far.

I did the V-neck and back shaping for the left side for 11 rows, purling the WS rows and for the RS rows, K1, KRPR, k to last 3 sts, SSK, k1. Then on the next row (RS), I bound off the center six sts for the armhole, moving live sts (I think it's the left back, whereas for the right side it was the front part) to my new Clover stitch holder, the little ones I bought last weekend. So right now, it looks like I'm working on the left front section.

I think I'm supposed to purl the WS rows (actually, I'm certain that's what I'm supposed to do). Then for the first RS row, I think I'm supposed to BO 4sts, k to last 3 sts, SSK. The next RS row, I should K1, KRPR, k to last 3 sts, SSK, k1. I think. I'll figure it out as I go... For now, back to work.

No comments: