Friday, April 01, 2005

not much progress...

Alas, I have made no progress on the Honeymoon Cami since I finished the lace ribbing border two days ago. I want to pull out my practice yarn and practice some of the increase/decrease techniques before I apply them to the shaping portion of the cami.

I've also been sidetracked by the skinny spring scarf I've been working on with the lovely shell-pink baby alpaca-silk blend yarn (Blue Sky Alpaca's Alpaca&Silk in Blush-i33) I purchased at Stitch DC last weekend. Such pretty yarn, but progress is slow. I don't want to risk making a mistake on the lace rib stitch pattern, because then I'd have to start all over again... for the 4th time :oP The yarn is also very "tricksy" (to borrow a term from Julia of Honeymoon Cami fame), and splits rather easily. At least I seem to have figured out the right tension to use with this non-elastic yarn. The first time I worked with this yarn (in an equally lovely silver-blue), the lack of elasticity discouraged me so much that I surrendered the yarn to my mom and her crochet hook. Not this time, not this time...

No comments: