Wednesday, April 06, 2005

the other half

Okay, so here's what I have for the other half of the right side (that is, the right front piece).

RS row (1): K1, KRPR, k to last 4 sts, BO 4 sts
WS row (2): P entire row
RS row (3): K1, KRPR, k to last 3 sts, SSK, k1
WS row (4): P entire row
Repeat rows (3) & (4) until 3 sts remain.

With remaining 3 sts, make an i-cord 3-5 inches long. Put a safety pin through the live sts, then through the live sts in the back. Position to perfect strap length, then graft together.

I don't know how to graft the strap on - which is where the Vogue knitting techniques book becomes mighty helpful. Need to purchase a copy for myself.

Now that bit of reversal of shaping wasn't too horrible, but now I have to apply all of this to the other side - the left back and left front. Which could be a lot more complicated. But I think I'll leave the left side for tomorrow/Friday, so maybe I won't have to worry about it just yet? :o)

No comments: