Monday, March 15, 2010

Never have I been so excited about postcards

They're here, they're here! My postcards are here!

G and I decided that, in addition to the save-the-date postcards, we would save on postage by having RSVP postcards. (Side note: We will not be using an acronym for the save-the-dates, because who really wants to send out STDs to their loved ones? Eww.)

We "hired" a graphic designer, the wonderful RockPaperPixel on etsy, to design our save-the-dates; this turned out to be a marvelous decision, because G and I aren't the most creative, graphic-y, or design-y of people, and Laura created such a beautiful image for us. We love her design so much that we're already planning to ask her to design the requisite first-Christmas-as-a-married-couple photo card.

The backside of the save-the-date card and the RSVP card were much simpler propositions, and so I managed to use the nifty templates from the postcard-printing website to type up those. After much dithering about fonts and rounded corners and postcard sizes and such, we finally placed our order, and a few days later, voila! A delivery courtesy of the UPS man :o)

They're here! 

So now, G and I have a hot date planned for Wednesday - labeling and stamping these babies so we can pop 'em in the mail at the end of the week. Not to mention our even hotter date this Saturday - visiting our registry store(s) and trying not to suffer a breakdown in the middle of the bedding section before dashing out into the parking lot, scanning gun still in hand.

(Thank you, K & D, for making us feel oh-so-normal for being stressed about registering for gifts. Thank you for sharing your story about actually running out of the store with the scanning gun and having to walk back inside to return it. 'Twas quite naive of me to think that picking out my own presents - I mean our own presents - would be the fun part!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelby said...

Thankfully I took my maid of honor to do my registry with me- since my DH is pretty useless in that department (he'd totally agree to that statement, which is why he allowed it!). But you just wait...until you have to do a baby registry. When I was expecting C, I was at Babies R Us, with scanner in hand, and had a panic attack. Had no idea what was going on, but all of a sudden the idea of not knowing the difference between the 30 types of bottles they had freaked me out. I went back a few weeks later, and was fine. It was really funny though. I can't wait to hold that over C's head when she's older. :)

Katie said...

Just remember you can always add/delete and edit stuff later (usually online). We went in thinking "we'll just get started with a couple of things", just to get the process going, and the woman who was supposed to be "helping" us, was exasperated with us bc we were not ready to commit to a trash can, we already had measuring cups, and didn't want formal china (among other things).