Thursday, March 18, 2010

I am feeling all kinds of productive

I'm enjoying the glow of a sense of accomplishment. Is that feeling of pat-myself-on-the-back deserved? Well, I don't know, I suppose it depends on how the word "productive" is defined. But I finished a lot of stuff I needed to finish today - and that's good enough for me!

First and most importantly, I finished the endless crochet bind-off on my latest shawl project - the Haruni Shawl, pattern by Emily Ross. There's something highly satisfying about clipping off the yarn tail at the end of a knitting project (or, if feeling too lazy to locate the nearest pair of scissors, snapping it off), even while you realize that the "real" finishing still lies ahead. I will be weaving in ends (all two of 'em, unlike the dozen or so I had after binding-off my last cardigan project), washing/soaking thoroughly, and then blocking, maybe even tonight. Admittedly, I'm particularly fond of none of these activities, but they're a necessary evil to turn my crumpled piece of bunched-up knitting into a thing of lacy beauty.

Haruni, pinned out

Secondly, I finished labeling and stamping my save-the-date postcards - and the task only took 45 minutes or so! (Granted, we're not sending those to my parents' many guests, by agreement...) I enjoyed every second of it, because I really, really like our dear, wonderful save-the-dates.

Thirdly, I signed the room-blocking-off hotel agreement that landed in my email this morning, so now we have rooms blocked off at two hotels; we're still waiting on the third.

Fourthly, I filled out the census form that my dad asked me to complete several days ago.

And finally, I acquired a couple of spring- and summer-appropriate wardrobe items, on sale no less.

Little things, all of 'em, but I'm quite pleased with what I've accomplished today. Then again, I still have about a dozen emails waiting to be answered or written...

No comments: