Thursday, December 27, 2007

Off to wedding #4 (or is it 5??) this year...

Hmm, D&R, N&A, N&D/S&C... And now, Cousin G&V. Yup, it's definitely #4. It would have been #5 if I'd made it up to Providence for the boy's cousin's wedding. Let me tell you, these wedding attendance trips add up!

Cousin G is getting married on Sunday, Dec 30th near Charleston SC. Not much to say... It will be a big family reunion of sorts, which I have mixed feelings about. I'm sure I will be pleased to see everyone, but spending a few days stuck in a beach house with them will probably be overkill - and make me want to kill! :oP

Then there's the fact that Cousin G, who at 33-ish is the oldest of the cousins of that branch of the family, is marrying soon-to-be-Cousin V, who at 24 is nearly 4 years younger than I and barely older than my younger sister. This creeps me out a little bit. What is it with guys' desire to marry girls much younger than they themselves are?? I mean, I sometimes sense a generational difference between my sister and me - and she's only 4 years younger than I am. How much common ground can there be between two people with a decade's worth of time between them? Furthermore, V's recent Facebook posts make it oh-so-clear that she is a very young, very recent college graduate. And this girl to be my "new older sister" according to Korean tradition? Ye gods...

Then there's the whole bit with the rehearsal dinner... Umm, yeah, let's save the story of that whole drama-fiasco for another time and another post.

Well, at least my vacation knitting projects appear to be in order. I am about 40% of the way through with the Brea bag, and I am packing the December Stitch DC Stash Club project (Tilli Tomas fingerless gloves - may as well give them a go) to take with me. Hi ho, hi ho, and off I go...

No comments: