Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ribbit. Ribbit ribbit.

I assume "ribbit" is how you spell the sound that a frog supposedly makes.

Why is this relevant? I have done a loooooot of frogging the past two weeks. First, there were the Jaywalkers. The legs were done, I'd turned the ankle, and the feet were part way done. On both of the socks. Then I realized I couldn't fit the darn things over the ankles, and poof, ribbit they went. Then came the Leah Tunic. You can read about the whole saga in my previous blog post, but essentially, I made it way too small, and they went to the frog pond. And then came the market bag.

Now, I made a huge amount of progress on the market bag in a single day. Ten inches of glorious lacy market bag-ness. And then I glanced at the remaining bit of yarn and groaned internally. I dug out the tape measure, only to discover the bag-in-progress was 11 inches across rather than the 8 called for by the pattern. Lovely. So my Kollage Hope yarn took a nosedive into the frog pond.

After a little one-on-one time with Excel (ahh, my dear friend MS Excel), I re-cast on, only to discover I would need a second set of circular needles in order to knit in the round. So I trotted over to my friendly local Michael's for a set of size 10 circular needles (16" ones, as it turned out), but I don't like 'em. Too dull. I like sharp lil critters, including my knitting needles.

So... Long story short, it looks like I will have to cast on 58 sts onto 2 sets of US 10 circulars, with 1 extra st on each of the two circular needles as selvedge sts (to compensate for the yarn overs). Fingers crossed... I'm not terribly fond of the ribbit pond!

No comments: