Friday, April 17, 2009

Yes, Shelby, TGIF!

A few months ago, one of my CIF from Ravelry and the Rio knitting meet-up, Shelby, generously offered to host a workshop at her home for us eager-to-learn would-be dyers. Shelby is a talented fiber artist (check out her gorgeous creations in her Etsy shop), and a genuinely sweet individual. As the winter slowly faded and we began to see glimpses of spring, we somehow managed to settle on a date - Saturday, April 18th - for our Dyeing Day.

I can't speak for the rest of the group that'll be descending upon Shelby and her poor family tomorrow, but I know that I've been working myself up into a frenzy of excitement for tomorrow. KDAL be damned (okay, so there's no post about that - yet - but I'll get to it... Eventually.) 'cause I've requested way too much yarn blanks: two superwash merino/nylon fingering-weight, and four superwash merino fingering weight. The merino/nylon blanks will be dyed up for fun (I'm thinking one in shades of yellow/orange, and one will be a surprise), and the four SW merino fingering will be used for a light, v-neck, raglan pullover with 3/4-length sleeves, maybe in pretty shades of blue??

I guess we'll find out... TOMORROW!!

BIG thanks to Shelby for hosting and for being so darn nice! (And for giving the sis and me a ride there :o)

1 comment:

Shelby said...

My pleasure!! I'm looking forward to it as much as you are!!