Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Wow. I'm getting married. Tomorrow!!

Note, 08.31.10: This is a blog post that was partially composed before the wedding but not published 'til now.

Much has happened since my last blog post. The past six months since G and I officially got engaged have flown by. For much of that time, we didn't feel pressured, stressed, or busy at all. And then the last 2 or 3 weeks happened. Wow, things really picked up!

I can't speak for G - though I know he's been worried about me - but I have been feeling super super super stressed for the past 10 to 14 days. It hasn't helped that we've had 5 extra people living in the house, for a total of 9 humans and one I-think-I'm-human pup. And since those extra relatives are visiting all the way from Korea, a lot of the focus, attention, time, and effort has been devoted to entertaining them and making them feel comfortable. I've been sleeping on a pallet on the floor of my parents' room for the past 11 nights (tonight will make 12), and not very well at that. So add all of these elements together, and you end up with a tired and stressed bride.

But... At least as far as the wedding goes, I think things have finally come together, or at least as together as they'll ever get. And now we have to be ready for the big production that this wedding has turned out to be - we have no choice but to be ready.

It's not going to be a big production in the sense that we have to coordinate lots of vendors and take care of many fancy schmancy details, because we're pared it down. A lot. We've given up a lot of the little and not-so-little wedding-y stuff that I, at least, used to cherish so much. (The father-daughter/mother-son dance is a key big thing we've had to give up, and I'm still not happy about it.) It's going to be a big production because the expected head count is somewhere between 400 and 450 guests, fewer than a third of whom are directly our friends or relatives - the rest will be comprised of my parents' church friends and acquaintances.

(dot-dot-dot)

No comments: