Thursday, May 06, 2010

Food experiment #7: Sweetgreen / Tangysweet - esque frozen yogurt

I had my first bite of Sweetgreen frozen yogurt last week (was it only last week?), and I can now see what all the fuss is about. After a delicious lunch with my girl Steph at Java Green, we lucked out and ran into the Sweetgreen truck (aside: how much do I love food trucks? Answer: a lot!). I got mine with some fruit toppings (chopped fresh strawberries & bananas) and chocolate chips. Delicious! I immediately decided it was time to pull out the ice cream maker from its seasonal hibernation and give this 101 cookbooks recipe a try.

Boy, was I glad I had bookmarked that blog entry, because not only did it turn out perfectly, it's also the easiest frozen treat recipe I've ever attempted! All I had to do was thoroughly combine 3 cups of full-fat Greek yogurt (I used the Cabot brand that was on sale at the local Magruder's last week) with 2/3 cup granulated sugar, chill the mixture for an hour, and then stick it in the machine for about 20 minutes. Add to the frozen yogurt concoction some chopped fruit and chocolate chips, and voila, a perfectly tangy, subtly sweet, not at all cloying, refreshing treat!

No comments: