Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Adventures in fiber heaven, part 3: Rock stars

Lucky me, I got to return to MdS&W for a second day this year, thanks to The Boy. G assured me that he was joining me on this less-crowded, less-hectic, less-distracted (on my part, theoretically at least) second day because he wanted me to be happy. And that may even have been part of the reason. But I think the major factor was the knowledge that he would have access to roasted lamb products and other delicious fair foods. Whatever the reason, the important thing was that I got to go back.


Brooks Farm Yarns

My main goals were to track down the hand-turned 1-yard niddy noddy that I had regretted not buying the day before and to purchase a matching/coordinating skein of Tilli Tomas Demi Plie lace-weight silk yarn to go with the old gold Tilli Tomas Beaded Lace (colorway Sahara) I'd already bought. Oh, and if I got a chance, to find my Ravelry sticker and to meet the Ravelry rock stars.



Though these goals were at the forefront of my thoughts, my overriding concern was to make sure G would enjoy himself. I already knew my sister, L, would find some way to keep herself entertained, as she had the previous day. I also knew that I'd have to find some way to keep G happy - so that he would assent to making this an annual tradition. The lamb lunch helped (though I think we'll have to try different vendors next time to find the one that's just right). So did looking at all the different animals (who knew there were so many different breeds of sheep, G sure didn't, until S&W!).

At first, I was concerned about G and his level of enjoyment, which diminished my level of full enjoyment somewhat. However, I was soon distracted by whatever remained at my favorite booths - and by the booths that I hadn't had a chance to visit the day before. Unfortunately, the niddy-noddy I'd noticed was all gone, but I did manage to score some Tilli Tomas lace-weight. Unfortunately, no Ravelry sticker - but yes Ravelry rock stars! See?



All in all, it was a pretty successful day. Now only have to wait one more year 'til the next one!

No comments: