Thursday, October 04, 2007

To Stitch or not to Stitch...

Five months after the fact, I am still experiencing Maryland Sheep & Wool withdrawal. I am simultaneously disappointed and relieved that I must wait another seven months for the next one. Disappointed for obvious reasons, relieved because I would find myself in the red were I to find myself in the candy store that is MdS&W.

But coming up in just another week is Stitches East, a smaller fiber festival (with no livestock) at the Convention Center in Baltimore. Two of my favorite MdS&W vendors - Tess' Designer Yarns and Brooks Farm Yarn - will be at the Stitches East Market. There is a Marketplace class that I would love to take (Knitting Both Ways).

However, factor in the various costs, and Stitches East becomes a rather, well, costly expedition: Metro fare ($7.80) + MARC round-trip ($14) + light rail ($3.20) + knitting class ($30) = $55. So the question now becomes: Is it worth spending $55 to go to Stitches East, or would it be more worthwhile to spend that money on yarn at my LYS or online stores?

Dilemma.

No comments: